That’s right, I am in the process of baking a human. New stuff!
The first three months I felt swollen/bloated from head to toe, and I had a slight feeling of nausea all day long. Plus, I was always tired. Now, about 4 months in, I have a bit of energy back, and I am less nauseous. Yay!
Here are some thoughts of what I’ve figured out so far:
- NAUSEA during pregnancy is apparently caused by fluctuations in blood sugar. The more I stick with my paleo plan, the better I have felt. Sparkling water helped, too.
- All my cravings for SWEETS are 100% sated with fruits and berries, which make me feel goooood. On the occasions when I have decided to eat something sugary instead — like ice cream — I have felt baaaaaaad. Consequently, the fridge is stocked with fruit. Bring on the summer!
- A good night’s SLEEP is now mandatory. I go to sleep earlier, and rest when I am feeling flattened. According to all reports from new parents, now is the time to enjoy sleeping, so I am taking advantage.
- EXERCISE helps my energy levels, and sleep quality. I try to do some combination of walking, light jogging, elliptical, light weights, squats, lunges, and push-ups at least 5 times a week. Without fail, I always feel better afterward.
- I also feel better when I drink ridiculous amounts of WATER. I only needed one dehydration headache to learn that lesson. Since there is more “me” to hydrate, I have bumped up what I typically drink in a day.
- While I don’t think a little CAFFEINE is necessarily unhealthy, I’ve weaned myself off my morning coffee, and I am down to a cup of hot green tea in the morning.
So far, so good. Now, it’s time for a fruit break. Bring on the cherries!